Saturday, February 12, 2011

Allbooks Reviews International Author Interview:
www.allbooksreviewint.com

Feb. 2011

Please state your name and location.
Sarah Tate, Switzerland

Tell us the title and publisher of your book:

Web of Lies – My Life with a Narcissist. I self-published the book through Creatspace


Tell us about yourself:

I’m British, but I’ve been living in Switzerland for ten years now. My working background is in the Aerospace Business, but I have always enjoyed writing, and I’m really pleased to finally be realizing a long term dream of being a published Author. I’m also mum to three fantastic children, who keep me focused and grounded.

When was the book released?:

It was released as an Ebook in August 2010, the print version came out in January 2011


Give us an overview of your book.

Web Of Lies is an auto-biographical novel based on my experiences over the last decade of my life. I take the reader with me on a journey of what seems at first to be perfect love, but which slowly starts to unravel as it becomes clear that the person who I thought was my Prince Charming turns out to be anything but. It gives a deep insight into what it’s like to be sucked into the world of a person with a personality disorder. Slowly my whole life starts to unravel as I realize I never knew the person I married, and everything comes crashing down around me.

What inspired you to write this book?

Obviously I was driven by my circumstances at the time and my desire to help other people who find themselves in a similar situation. The problem with toxic relationships is that very often the ‘victim’ is the one who feels as though they are in the wrong. Years of conditioning lead to this, and not everybody is able to wake up and take action. I wanted to share my story to give those people hope. There is always a way out of these situations, as long as you educate yourself about what you’re up against.


How is your book different from other books in this genre?

My book isn’t a self-help book. It is intentionally written like a psychological thriller. I asked a well-known UK psychologist, Dr David Holmes to endorse Web of Lies, and he gives his expert opinion at the end of the book. As he says himself, it’s very important to see these kind of behaviors played out in an everyday setting, in order to be able to recognize these character traits. Other than that though, it’s a very raw account of a real life nightmare, and I’m very open about my own shortcomings. I don’t claim to have any qualifications in psychology, and I don’t advise the reader about their own life in any way. I just wrote a book about what happened to me, and how I overcame it.

Where can people buy your book?

It’s on Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Alibris and most other online retailers. You can also buy it directly via my website www.sarahtateauthor.com

Are you working on another book? If so when do you expect it to be published?

Yes, I have completed the second book. It is in the final proofing stages now and I expect to be bringing it out in the next couple of months. It’s the sequel to Web of Lies, and deals with the aftermath of the toxic relationship.

If you self published, what advice can you give to fellow writers?

Believe in yourself, and educate yourself about the process. Make contact with as many other Authors as possible, and be prepared to accept advice and also pass it on. You can achieve great things on your own, as long as you are armed with knowledge about what you’re doing. The web is a fantastic resource. Use it.

If published traditionally, tell us how you benefited:
Not applicable


Can you share one of your marketing successes with us?

Well, it’s early days for me so I’m still learning! I wrote a very honest blog about what stages you go through in a relationship with a Cluster B personality disorder. It went global and still receives hits from all over the world even after eight months. It has drawn a lot of attention towards my first book.

How did you find Allbooks Reviews and what are you hoping for in your relationship with us?

So far, very! I was impressed by the quick response and the honest review of the book. I hope we will stay in touch as I take my first tentative steps into the realms of ‘Published Author’!

Was the low cost a surprise? What other things would you like Allbooks Reviews to offer writers?
Yes, it’s good value for money. I think a few different ranges of publicity package would be good. An Author could choose according to their budget and ‘upgrade’ as their book gains popularity.


Thank you for this interview and best of luck with your book.
Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment