Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Interview with Author Michele Doucette

Please state your name and location. (City and State or Province, Country)

Michele Doucette, Stephenville, Newfoundland, Canada

Tell us the title and publisher of your book:

A Travel in Time to Grand Pré

St. Clair Publications

Tell us about yourself:

A Special Education teacher of 25 years, I am as equally passionate about the written word; I love to orchestrate and manipulate words. I spend countless hours working on genealogy; sourcing and validating relationships. I am a firm believer in the healing energies of crystals, stones and positive thinking.

When was the book released?

The first edition of the book was available on July 3, 2009. The revised edition became available on March 16, 2010.

Give us an overview of your book.

A Travel in Time to Grand Pré is a historically informative adventure, tying the history of the descendants of Yeshua (Jesus) to modern day Nova Scotia, Canada. Madeleine Sinclair feels disconnected with the era of her birth, yet intuitively aware of herself in another time period in history. Transported back to 1754, she comes to learn, live and experience firsthand the lives of the French Acadian people, meeting Michel (dit Sophie) LeBlanc, her love of that time.

Through the warm, loving and helpful guidance of fellow time traveler, Madame Pêche, she comes to understand the predetermined course of her Sinclair bloodline, beginning with Rollo the Viking, father of William Longsword, a line that is shown to be linked to the Merovingians, the Cathars and the Knights Templar (protectors of the Holy Grail).

Before long, the reader is led to the very apex of this time travel adventure. Madeleine has been decreed the one who is to introduce the words of Yeshua, spoken in Aramaic at the height of his ministry, to the modern world. Herein, Yeshua explains how individuals can find their way, their truth(s), so as to live their lives to the fullest.

What inspired you to write this book?

In a plot that came to me in 1996, I knew how I wanted the story to begin and I knew how I wanted the story to end. While I was sure about certain elements for inclusion in the story, I was very surprised at how the story unfolded.

I was inspired by my French Acadian heritage, my fascination with genealogy and current DNA findings, my attraction to quantum physics (courtesy of the spiritual and metaphysical realms) and my enthrallment with the plausibility of a holy bloodline as discussed in The Holy Blood, The Holy Grail.

In addition, it seems that I had been duly positioned, beforehand, to conduct extensive research: authors, books, websites, email communication (regarding genealogy) with countless individuals.

When the time came for me to begin writing, the entire process took less than six months.

How is your book different from other books in this genre?

Having researched my own genealogy for close to 20 years, this book incorporates linkages to several ancestors of historical import.

Where can people buy your book?

Amazon US, Amazon Canada, Amazon UK, Barnes and Noble

Direct from the publisher at http://stan.stclair.net

Direct from the author via email at michele.doucette@nf.sympatico.ca

Are you working on another book? If so when do you expect it to be published?

Since A Travel in Time to Grand Pré was released, I have gone on to release several spiritual / metaphysical books, both published through St. Clair Publications. The next few months shall see the publication of two additional spiritual / metaphysical tomes followed by several in reference to the wisdom of crystals and stones.

Currently, I am busy reading and researching for Back Home With Evangeline, the sequel to A Travel in Time to Grand Pré. In keeping, I am aiming for a Summer 2011 publication date. I shall also be releasing Germain Doucet (Sieur de LaVerdure): Ancestry of Michele Doucette, based on my paternal lineage, in the not too distant future.

If you self published, what advice can you give to fellow writers?

Take the time to conduct thorough research into POD (Print On Demand) publication services before making a final decision. I also heartily endorse Stanley J. St. Clair of St. Clair Publications as a possible publisher.

If published traditionally, tell us how you benefited:

N/A

Can you share one of your marketing successes with us?

N/A

How did you find Allbooks Reviews and what are you hoping for in your relationship with us?

A good friend of mine, an author by the name of Jean-Claude Koven, was also reviewed by Allbooks Reviews, winning the Editor’s Choice Award for Best Metaphysical Book. It was this that led me to you.

Was the low cost a surprise? What other things would you like Allbooks Reviews to offer writers?

I was pleasantly surprised by both the low cost as well as all that was contained within that price. To be featured for one month with the review thereafter being posted in the Review Showcase for the period of one year is sensational. In addition, the initial review is posted in a wide variety of publications, both printed as well as online. Interviews are also posted on the website. To know that your website is denoted as being one of the best websites for authors speaks volumes. Just knowing that each book is automatically considered for the Editor’s Choice Award at each year end is quite the opportunity.

While I am unsure as to anything else that Allbooks Reviews might be able to offer, especially after citing the previous information, I am sure that they will be able to come up with something fantastic.

Thank you for this interview and best of luck with your book.

No comments:

Post a Comment