Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Laney: The Brookehaven Vampires

Genre: Fantasy
Author: Joann I. Martin Sowles

Laney and Kiera are your typical teen students; love to party, love to mingle with others, and love to catch the perfect guy, Oliver to be precise. Laney does…but doesn’t realize what she got herself into just yet.

Miss Sowles captures the young adult voice, moves the story forward with vivid descriptions and that necessary, suspenseful pull ‘are they going to hook up? What’s going to happen?’

I have to admit, however, the story reminded me of The Vampire Diaries and Twilight, where young human girls fall for the wrong type…vampires. Regardless, the twists and adventure in this book does hold its own, making it a quick and fun read. Being a vampire fiction lover, these similarities to these other books didn’t sway me. The important aspect for me was that the author was able to authenticate her own characters and make them believable to me, to pull me into their storyline. From the way the book ended I’m assuming a follow-up will be published to make this into a series, and I’m looking forward following Laney, Oliver, Kiera, and the others to new adventures. Allbooks Reviewer: Lea Schizas


Laney: The Brookehaven Vampires
By Joann I. Martin Sowles
Young Adult Fantasy
Published by Brookehaven Publishing
ISBN: 978-0-9844867-0-0
Release: Oct 2010-10-02
Pages: 296
Price: 19.99

No comments:

Post a Comment