Monday, October 1, 2012

Interview with author Catherine MacDonald

Please state your name and location. (city and State or Province, Country) Catherine MacDonald Reno NV USA Tell us the title and publisher of your book: Seasons of the Vineyard/Create Space Tell us about yourself: I am a wife, mother, nana, and small business owner. I live in the mountains and I am an avid hiker. When was the book released? June 2012 Give us an overview of your book. Francesca ran away from the family vineyard because she was determined to live a different life—one without the grapes and her secrets, but life has a different plan. Returning home, she is confronted with the actions of her past and the complexities of the present. But she is stubborn and determined to save the vineyard and uncover the secret of the Zinfandel wine, but the secret is buried with her mother. Francesca must save the vineyard, find the secret, and deal with her turbulent past and lover. What inspired you to write this book? A trip to Italy. I grew up in California and have always loved vineyards. I even wanted to run a vineyard—that is until I did the research for this book and realized how difficult it is. How is your book different from other books in this genre? Besides the research, there is an element of the paranormal. Where can people buy your book? Amazon.com But if you are in Reno NV, you can come into my parts store and purchase one there. Are you working on another book? If so when do you expect it to be published? Yes. The Divorce Ranch, set in Nevada circa 1936 If you self published, what advice can you give to fellow writers? Modern technology has made it easy to publish oneself. Don’t be afraid. If published traditionally, tell us how you benefited: My books that were traditionally published had book stores that stocked them and I did book signings. Can you share one of your marketing successes with us? Hmm. Probably my daily blog. I have quite a few readers and I have been doing this for over two years. www.supernovel.com/blog How did you find Allbooks Reviews and what are you hoping for in your relationship with us? The Frugal Book Promoter. I was hoping for a fair and balanced review, which I received. Was the low cost a surprise? What other things would you like Allbooks Reviews to offer writers? The low cost was attractive. I’m not sure what else I would like from Allbooks. Thank you for this interview and best of luck with your book. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment